Monday, October 8, 2012

Design Expo






 

Last Tuesday we all attended the Design Expo of West Texas located at the Merket Alumni Center. I had gone last year, and it was very cool, but this year topped it for sure. There were so many cool stations and vendors I barely knew where to begin.
 
 


 
These two pictures are from the very first station right when you walk in, they specialize in modern office furniture and have tons of cool inventions they showed us like a moving conference room wall setup so you can have tons of options for how to make presentations and meetings. The second picture is of one of the chairs they produce, the back may look a little strange but its actually extremely comfortable!
 
Another station we went to had this really awesome paint that was actually dry erase, making writing on the walls actually acceptable!
 
 
 


My favorite station of the day was the Architex table. They had all of these really modern and nice looking fabrics that were extremely durable (the guy said something like over 100,000 rubs) plus they were an alternative to vinyl and could wipe sharpie and other stains right off. My two favorites were a neutral with a really cool diamond geometric pattern, and a faux sude that was called show pony and it was really sparkly(which is exactly why I liked it). The man demonstrated a portion of their website where you could pick any type of furniture you wanted, pick from a selection of their fabrics and it would actually show you how the fabric would look on the piece of furniture, I thought that was genius and will definitely be using that for future products.

Last but not least, the man kept urging us to enter the raffle they had going on to win a $100 Visa gift card, I usually dont waste my time with these things because I literally NEVER win anything I enter but figured why not and entered. A few hours later I received this e-mail:

 
I had actually won! I think I was actually more excited about winning something, ANYTHING, than the actual prize itself but $100 extra dollars definitely wasnt a bad way to end my already awesome experience at the expo!

No comments:

Post a Comment